Monday 17 March 2014

LOVE YOUR LASHES!!

 



Hi Everyone!!

So this is a post on my all time favourite beauty thing in life!! FALSE lashes!! In the above picture I, of course have my lashes on! They are ARDELL lashes and I have the Demi wispies on. I prefer to wear mascara as well as i like the full on bold look but it is optional. My favourites are the invisiBands (as shown below, they are around £5.49 in superdrug) my opinion is they look better on the lash line and are easier to fit  to your eye shape better with a more natural feel unlike the ones with the thick band.



If you have read my previous blog posts you will know I am absolutely 100% obsessed and cannot live without these beauties!!! So any lash companies reading this, feel free to send me some, haha!!

I live in my lashes and sleep in them, that's either silliness right there or pure dedication!! I havent decided which yet so I'm going with a mixture of both for now!!haha! Obv you don't have to wear them all the time,they are good for wearing occassionally if you have a special occassion or a night out to go to. They add instant glamour and make the eye look impressive!! Buy a pair, have fun and play around! There are all different ones and these days they are everywhere!

I use Revlon precision lash glue in black as it comes with the little brush which you can just paint on the band direct. Instead of being going into why i like it so blimin much check out the earlier post/review i did!!! Its the most amazing glue I have come across and is definately a regular purchase of mine! This costs around £5.99 but is well worth the price.



The different types of lashes!

1, The ones I wear (as above) strip lashes! So many choices, i actually love the look of all of these!!



2. Individual lashes


These are brilliant for building the look you want. You can put as many on as you like to acheive the desired affect. They come in small,medium and long. The multi packs have a few of each in them in order for you to add definition to the eye or if you like all one length they can be purchased in these 3 lengths. All you do is use a pair of tweezers to pick them out the packet, dip the knot/end in some glue and apply on to of the lashes as close to the lash line you can get. They are fiddly but can be made as natural or as thick as you wish. These are around £4 and can be picked up anywhere.

3. Eyelash extensions



Although you can buy these yourself, i personally do not advise applying them. You would need to find a trained eyelash technician. The application is literally one hair on one lash using 2 pairs on tweezers, one to separate the lashes to isolate just one hair and the other to adhere the extension to it.
With these the benefit is they last 4-6 weeks depending on where the lash is in its cycle at the time of application but like nails you can have in fills when you start noticing they are looking sparse. I have done these  in the past on many clients and everyone loves them as they do look like you naturally have long lucious lashes and the difference to the eye is crazy. You can swim, sauna and shower in these and they will not budge if applied properly so are perfect for when you go on holiday and you dont want to wear mascara but can still look great pool or beach side!! To get a full set you are looking at between £40-90 depending on location and salon etc.

I, of course have had to try all of these and to be honest they are all as good as eachother in different ways. I now just stick to the strip ones as i have got so used to them and the look they provide! We are all different and have different preferences and views so find the type that suits you and you will never look back!! They are addictive!!!


The celebrity who I would say has the most gorgeous lashes has got to be (for me) Kim Kardashian! According to reports she has eyelash extensions applied regularly to maintain the sultry eye look she always seems to have going on in pics!!



I have to admit I have worn false lashes for years now and my own lashes have taken a beating as i haven't always taken care when removing them! I tend to just rip them off instead of getting the lash adhesive remover!!

A little tip though which seems to work and take them off easily without tearing all your lashes out is soaking a cotton ball in olive oil and gently pressing it on the eye for a few seconds until the lash band becomes loose. It also moisturises you eyelids at the same time- double bubble!!!!



On the very rare occassion i take my lashes off, in order to nourish my natural ones i will apply some vaseline from the roots to the tips to them. It seems to accelerate growth as well. So that's my cheap version of a lash treatment! haha! You can buy a lash serum with all different vitamins and oils in them which yes, do work but they can be pricey. I just stick to my little tub of vaseline! I have one for lips, one for the face and body as it can add a little dewey shine to cheekbones and to sort dry patches out, and one for my lashes as its not very hygenic to use one pot for all these uses!! So there you go!

As always let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for future posts etc!


email: malimossmakeup@outlook.com
twitter: @mali_moss

p.s Check out my published article on Permenant makeup http://www.cosmetictattoo.org/article/get-your-pout-out.html


Get flashing those lashes!!!!

Mali xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment